This will be a hybrid structure with asynchronous and virtual/in-person participation. Each block will contain an asynchronous component (short videos) accompanied by a live webinar (1 hour).
Pandemic permitting, there will be 2 in-person sessions allowing participants to learn, exchange ideas, network and plan future work to sustain caring for teens with these issues.
TreatME Learning Objectives:
- Increase knowledge of primary care practitioners about prevalence, risks, comorbidities, and management of problematic substance use and Substance Use Disorder (SUD) in the adolescent population.
- Build a network of primary care clinicians and practitioners who will manage these issues in the medical home.
- Begin to cultivate more champions in the field of adolescent addiction medicine.
- Identify support in the community for adolescents and families with a SUD.
- Create ongoing system of support (financial, educational, emotional) for practices/clinicians who work with youth with SUD.
Treatment - Taking Care of Multiple Needs Beyond the SUDGO
- Block Four: Treatment - Beginning to Explore the Many Facets of Treatment
- Block Three: How Do We Identify Youth With Substance Disorders and Use Available Laboratory Tools to Manage Substance Misuse in Teens?
- Block Two: Recognition – How do we find youth?
- Block One: Foundational - Prepping You and Those Around You