Approaching the youth in the moment, you will be faced with planning to keep them safe and the most appropriate intervention mixed with the reality of what is available - initiate treatment! Harm reduction is always a place to start.
Block Six April 2023 - May 2023
- Understand theory and principles of harm reduction
- Identify specific mechanisms of harm reduction
- Evaluating appropriate levels of care
1. Asynchronous Content
to be completed before live session on May 18, 2023 .
Resources for Providers:
- Principles of Harm Reduction for Young People Who Used Drugs
- First Responders can Safely Administer Naloxone During the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Developing Harm Reduction in the Context of Youth Substance Use
- National Community-based Naloxone Finder
- SSP Locations: NASEN Directory
- Syringe Service Program Laws
- National Harm Reduction Coalition
2. Next Steps/Lesson Review
This section provides some ideas for consideration to help you think about implementation of the material in your own practice.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn up to MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit. An 80% pass rate is required for eligibility of MOC credit.
3. Live Webinar
May 18, 2023, 12:00 PM |