We will continue to focus on specific use disorders/misuse.
Block Nine July 2023 - August 2023
Treatment: Inhalants and Alcohol Use
- Recognize signs of inhalant use
- Understand how party drugs are used and risk
- Have an approach to discuss use of party drugs and inhalants with youth
- Understand mechanisms to evaluate severity of alcohol use
- Understand treatment of acute withdrawal and appropriate setting
- Understand outpatient treatments for Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) in youth
Attendees will be familiar with how to talk to the family and the adolescent patient about OUD and treatment options
Attendees will be familiar with how to monitor the patient on MOUD
Attendees will be familiar with how to support the family and patient
1. Asynchronous Content
to be completed before live session on August 17, 2023 .
Party Drugs and Inhalents: A Primer
Resources for Providers:
2. Next Steps/Lesson Review
This section provides some ideas for consideration to help you think about implementation of the material in your own practice.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn up to MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit. An 80% pass rate is required for eligibility of MOC credit.
3. Live Webinar
August 17, 2023, 12:00 PM